Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I don't understand Twitter

There, I said it. I don't understand Twitter. Or more accurately, I don't understand the need for Twitter.

Ya see, I don't want everyone on the earth knowing what I do 24/7. I sure as hell don't want to have to go and type what I'm doing, in, all the time, either.
And honestly, I'm not sure that I want, nor need, to know what all my friends are doing all the time, either. I'd much rather be sitting down having a beer with them, or chatting on IM/IRC with them. I'd even settle for talking on the phone, which I thoroughly loath talking on the phone. But it'd be better then getting tweets from all of them.
Am I becoming an old curmudgeon? Or lazy? Or am I just being a realistic non-geek who has better things to do with my time?
Update: apparently I'm not the only one: Twitter Away Your Life With Social Networking.

0 comments: